1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Marguerite's not doing so well.

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Eden1, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Eden1

Eden1 Gardener

Ratings:
    +52
    I deadheaded vigorously throughout the summer and my Marguerite's are still giving me a nice display.

I got my tunnel completed at the weekend and have ordered some rooting hormone which should arrive tomorrow. I'm going to take cuttings tomorrow night, I know I'm late but is it still worth a shot?

2. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    If it's going to dieback over winter anyway you have nothing to lose.

3. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Yep, not too late at all. Remember, shoots without flower buds. This can be difficult as marguerites flower so prolifically and finding shoots without buds can be difficult. :)
    Your marguerite may not die back anyway....here they flower and thrive over the winter. They are not as tender as you may think

4. Eden1

Eden1 Gardener

Ratings:
    +52
    Cheers that's encouraging, I'll give it a lash

• Like Like x 1
    • Eden1

Eden1 Gardener

Ratings:
      +52
      Happily I'm starting to see some new growth on the marguerites but I'm wondering if I should cut them back as the stems look a bit woody. I've done some Googling and I've found one article which says they can be cut back any time during the growing season. Do you guys concur with this? Or should I leave well alone.