Melplash Show 2017 - Invite to forum members

Discussion in 'Events' started by Phil A, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Chuffed and knackered this morning :snooze: :biggrin:

On me secound cup of tea :coffee:

Back to normal today :phew:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Owcho's back home :)

DSCI0052.JPG

• Like Like x 5
      • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,996
        Went back to Chesil at 5:30 this morning, caught a dozen more mackies, then thought I'd hooked a bigger one, saw a flash of silver and thought it was a small Bass, but too small to take.

When I slid it up the beach and saw it wasn't a Bass, my immediate thought I'd broken the shore caught Herring record as it was well over 1lb, plus I'd have a lovely plate of fresh Herring for my tea :hapfeet:

But when I went to unhook it something didn't look right, it was a Twait Shad, a protected endangered species that must be returned immediately, so no 'Herring' for my tea and no shore caught Herring record for me :frown:

Back home and completely knacked (left at 12:30 am Wed), but checked out Wyevale for the seed sale as I was passing one. Going to have a beer then pick some runners and tomatoes. Then fillet 74 mackies for the freezer.

shad.JPG

• Like Like x 4
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Nice one Scrunge :)

Nice to see you yesterday, sorry I couldn't find you again :doh:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Scrungee

Ratings:
            +28,996
            I had some other things to do, used to manage Chesil day trips leaving at midnight, fish beach at dawn, do other stuff all through the day, fish the evening tide then a 3 to 4 hour drive back home getting back approx. 24 hrs later, but I'm starting to find that too tiring. Needed an early night (7 pm) in the tent as I was up, packed and off at 5:00 this morning.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
            • Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,996
              Cost was £12 for one night, still plenty of room, level non-stony ground beside the river, between the show site and the sea, Portaloo type toilet/shower blocks, no other facilities.

A bargain compared to Broadchurch West Bay pub B&B prices which appear to be around double the rate for West Somerset.

• Informative Informative x 2