1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Monty Don.

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Mike Allen, Jan 31, 2021.

1. pattie

pattie Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +692
    You're welcome:spinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Glynne Williams

Glynne Williams Keen Gardener

Ratings:
      +823
      Gardeners World is a weekly staple for us, so Monty is invited into our house on Friday evenings. He's a good to very good gardener and a really good presenter! Okay one of his predecessors was someone I used to say I was going for a pint with every Friday night! ("There's only one Jeffo Hamilton") we were very upset when he passed! We often say that Carol Klein would make a good presenter, she has rhe skill and personality, but the BBC are grooming another aren't they who "stands in ' whenever Monty is off somewhere. The 'new' man has a big garden to be developed/developing and acceptance by those in horticultural power. Carol's my favourite though! Mind you I was raised on Percy and met him at Shrewsbury, and he once came to plant trees with my school kids which led to us producing a community forest some years later! Lovely man? Of course but these days old fashioned, well it was very many years ago! Taght me most of what I still do!!

• Like Like x 6