1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Mowing /mulching after Weedol?

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by mikrt, May 21, 2019.

1. mikrt

mikrt Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Looking for some advice after applying Weedol lawn weedkiller last week, am about to give it it's first mow since, with my mulching mower. It is only a mulching type, no bagging.

Instructions say to leave 1st clippings on the lawn, BUT, to compost the next 3 mowings and compost for 9 months before using.

If I just mulch in the future and leave on grass, is there a danger I'll just be spreading the weeds around, even though they look well dead now?

Thanks in advance.

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    I see no problem leaving all the mowings on the lawn mikrt esp since it’s a mulching mower.
    I do this on my niece’s lawn without any problem.
    Here I always collect and compost the mowings......mind you, weeds are few and far between requiring only a lawn weed killer spot spray:)
    Liz the pot is the lawn expert though so hopefully some advice to follow:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,259
      no issues, just leave the weeds uncut as its slow to work so a higher height might be needed.

• mikrt

mikrt Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      Thank you Verdun & Liz, that's reassuring.

• Like Like x 1