1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My Newish Raised Pond

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by kirk, May 24, 2013.

1. kirk

kirk Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone, i thought i would just share my pics of my new pond well (12 Month Old) it is 11000 litres, and i dug 3 foot down and raised the pond too so my little ones was not at any risk. Ive got a 18000ltr Yamitso Kotney Koi with 30w uv running, and a Hozelock 9000 all in one, which im just using as a pump for my Yamitsu. Along with the 13w uv on that, then i have a seperate pump running my waterfall, ive added a 15 year old lilly which is out of a old friends pond which is growing nicely, and will hopefully look nice once it flowers and raises a little more. the depth is 6 foot at the left hand side then it is stepped to around 3 foot on the right hand side, im just about to add a plant basket just under the far side to add my new marginal plants, luckily in the 12 months it has been like bath water, very clear. Ive got 2x Siberian long nosed Sturgeons one is roughly 2 foot long, butterfly koi, koi, albino grass carp, few goldfish, a water loach, shabunkins, it is a little understocked at the moment, but will be adding more hopefully soon. If anyone has any tips or ideas that will improve the look it would be greatly appreciated. It doesnt look too big on these pics but i will upload more, along with the fish etc. im very happy with it. also only added the lights a couple of days ago.

Attached Files:

2. Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
    Ratings:
    +7,491
  3. nFrost

nFrost Head Gardener

Leachate Treatment Plant Manager
    Ratings:
    +2,908
    v nice, I've always liked a shoal of Golden Orf's swimming in a pond.