1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

natural health remedies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by miraflores, Apr 11, 2016.

1. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    can you share proved remedies for health and beauty (for example pain relief) that are from herbs or natural sources ?

I for example find that a thick yoghurt mask (I use yeo green label live bacterias) on irritated skin or applied on face when I have migrane, left on for say 10 min, works wonders. It is a bit messy to wash it away but it is worth it.

2. noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +14,405
    Again, not herbal but here in France there are 'rebouteurs'.....healers. They vary from people we would call chiropracteurs or osteopaths who deal with muscle and joint problems to others who relieve pain by the laying on of their hands. They are far more effective than anything conventional medicine has to offer. Sadly, they tend to be older people who were born with or inherited a gift, and as they pass away there is no-one to replace them.

3. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Afraid I am not a great believer. I tried Chiropractors, Osteopaths and even some crank who played Whale music to me to try and relieve the pain I had in my hips. The only difference they made to me was my bank balance diminished. EVENTUALLY an Osteopath suggested I needed my hips x rayed. 2 replacement hips later......... pain free. I think they have their place if the problems are minor but to my mind the ones I went to anyway should have been experienced enough to realize I had serious issues and there were good reasons why I was screaming in pain when they were doing all sorts to me.
    Daughter also tried an Osteopath for nearly 3! years when she had an intermittent locking elbow. Useless, treatment didn't help and he didn't recognise a probable cause. Transpired she had a bit of bone floating about in the joint. Small operation and now fixed but elbow still weak after so long with the problem. Maybe we were just unlucky and didn't find decent Osteopaths of Chiropractors.

4. Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
    Ratings:
    +7,491
    I sometimes use a product called Natrasleep to get me off to sleep. Each tablet contains extracts of Valeriana officinalis and Humulus lupulus. Works for me but if I grew the stuff myself it would probably save me a fortune! :rolleyespink: :snorky:

5. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    that is interesting. Do you now anything about AYURVEDA ? oil rinsing in the morning?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  6. Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
    Ratings:
    +7,491
    No I don't know anything about it so I'm going to have a Google :)