1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

neighbours breaking covid rules CONSTANTLY

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ThePlantAssassin, Nov 20, 2020.

1. ThePlantAssassin

ThePlantAssassin Gardener

NuttyFruitCake
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    Yet again my neighbours have got visitors round. Not even being subtle about it as the visitors are parked on their driveway. They have NEVER followed any rules from the get go. They went out everyday for a few bits of shopping during the first lockdown. Its really starting to get to me.
    I missed TWO funerals of friends due to the rules and have only left home 5 times since March and for essentials only. (doctors and food)
    I live alone.
    Im too scared to go out now and its people like them that are going to make this go on and on and on.

Whether we agree with the rules or not they are the LAW.
    Why do these people think they are so special?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
      Ratings:
      +31,946
      Someone said to me years ago "rules are meant to be brocken"
      You can report them, but some times it can make things worse, some times it can be better to keep quite as some times other things can pop up and bite them in the back side when they are not looking ;):whistle: People can some times dig they own graves :dbgrtmb:

People usally get they're come upance, sit back and watch then laff your head off when things go wrong for them, it as work for Miss Jiff and Me :) it is hard to do and may take time or you can on the quite work away in the back ground on other ways to help things along;);););););););););););):whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: if you know what i mean :biggrin:;):whistle::whistle:

But don't break the laws or rules yourself

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
      • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
        Ratings:
        +54,374
        We have the exact same problem ,trouble is who do I report too....he's a police officer!!!:wallbanging:

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
          Ratings:
          +31,946
          Your crime commissioner

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +4,204
            @ThePlantAssassin as said above, you are not alone, everyone has neighours like that !

See them jumping into cars and going out with other non household folk or saying they can visit others because they are in "their bubble" which is really their fantasy bubble rather the the real thing.

So just do not bother about them, as above , do not report them, just more trouble.

Concentrate on keeping yourself safe and occupied ! Its not an easy job we know, but plenty of Friends here in GC :smile:

• Agree Agree x 5
            • Friendly Friendly x 3
            • Like Like x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
              +28,997
              We had to stiffle our laughter when we saw a nasty neighbour's house getting robbed, especially when they nicked their car after they loaded it with loot. Then they drove into a duck pond when they abandoned it!

And I videod it to enjoy later on many occasions :roflol:

If they'd been nice neighbours the robbery would've been nipped in the bud.

• Agree Agree x 3
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • lolimac

lolimac Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +4,988
                All I can say is there are some bladdy big bubbles around...

• Agree Agree x 2
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +86,035
                  I'm not going to police this or report anyone, I do what I see is fit and they do what fits their schedule.
                  Lots of activity around here, but mostly based yet again on kids still going to school.

Its mostly grand parents picking up the kids from school and then bringing them home, then the parents pick them up after work and take them home.

Its not rocket science, but the "science" that government keep prattling on about dont understand how real people live.

• Agree Agree x 2
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • ThePlantAssassin

NuttyFruitCake
                    Ratings:
                    +1,016
                    I wont report my neighbours. I agree it would cause problems and I just have to accept they are horrible selfish people and hypocrites too boot. They were always out there on their doorstep clapping for the NHS before going back inside to their guests. They had big BBQ gatherings pretty much every sunny weekend over summer. I live in a small Close of 12 houses and if they want to break the rules they could at least try and be subtle about it.
                    School trips, work trips, helping the vulnerable is all essential but having mates round for a beer or coffee is something that we should be grown up enough to sacrifice for one year.

However, I WOULD report the Police Officer. If we cant rely on the people who are meant to uphold the law to follow the law then all hope for society is lost.
                    Probably is anyway being realistic.

• Like Like x 3
                    • ThePlantAssassin

NuttyFruitCake
                      Ratings:
                      +1,016
                      I agree that the Government have not been helpful and we have had so many mixed messages its about impossible to know what is true anymore. But however 'real people' live I think we have to accept that things are different now. If we all carry on living the way we did a year ago we will wipe out heaven knows how many people, the NHS will collapse, the country will go bankpupt (probably will anyway) and quite soon any hope of an eventual return to normality will be gone. This 'lockdown' we are currently in is a farce. Its neither one thing nor another and full of so many contradictions its all but useless anyway. Im resigned to the fact that in my lifetime things will never be the same again.
                      I dont care for me as life is pretty intolerable anyway but I really, really hope that for the next generation the upcoming vaccines work.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
                      • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
                        Ratings:
                        +54,374
                        They are our only close neighbours @ThePlantAssassin, and in fact they are a truly lovely family... normally !!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                          Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
                        • Sendme_sun

Sendme_sun Gardener

Ratings:
                          +18
                          I think part of the problem is the law as well as the neighbours . Its only against the law to have a gathering of 15 or more people. We've been strict as have our friends and neighbours. I've only seen my mum and sister twice this year due to travel bans. Believe in karma too honestly they don't want this virus and don't know what they are risking. We have lots of student neighbours. Very compliant round here. Peer pressure is the only way this works and unfortunately your neighbours peers and friends are the same. Stay safe plant assasin :noidea:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
                            Ratings:
                            +118,497
                            That's possibly true in Scotland but not the case south of the border. :noidea: No meeting allowed in other people's house or garden down here :sad:.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
                              +3,718
                              My neighbour's are doing it regularly so it's really frustrating because Sunday dinner for us is a family affair and my daughter and grandkids normally come over and it's a wonderful day , at the moment we cook the dinners and when my daughter pulls up we go out and put them by the gate, very frustrating...just after the latest lockdown my brother in law knocked on the door my wife opened the door but wouldn't let him in so he went off in a huff and we probably won't see him ever again :yes: :heehee: what's most frustrating is our area is the 5th highest city in the country for new cases down to numpties like my neighbours:mad:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
                              • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                                Ratings:
                                +30,616
                                The region next door to me are now going back into lockdown. The hospital is now only allowing 2 designated visitors. One visit, once a day, for one of the 2. And they will record which visits were done by each. They actually phoned me shortly after I got home from today's visit so they must have an army of staff making the calls.

I usually land up parking on the second floor of the parking facility and one can only enter on the main level at one entrance so I use the stairs and funnily enough, I never see anybody else on the steps. :scratch: Puzzles me because within the hospital, stairwells are not open to the public so the opportunity to step is only the garage.

I am glad I don't need many groceries as now the line ups to shop will be happening again and waiting to spend money really shortens my list. It gets edited by the minute :)

I have washed or sanitized my hands so many times that I no longer have fingerprints!

And still, Toronto and the region beside it keep pusing the numbers up.

Mind you, we went from anybody who wanted to line up for a test, got one, to only those who have symptons or may have come in contact with an infected person gets one. And by appointment. So the % of positive results to total tests is bound to skyrocket.

One province here amended their death count due to covid when there were 2 or 3 other underlying conditions. 100 years old, pneumonia, and on and on.

Their death count attribited soley to '19 count went down from thousands to just over a couple of dozen.

Interesting to see how the stats spin and twist in various jurisdictions.

For me. Mask, wash, and use common sense.

• Like Like x 4
                                • Friendly Friendly x 1