New Lawn Gone Patchy

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by George Bryson, Apr 15, 2022.

1. George Bryson

George Bryson Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, apologies if this has been asked before.

I had a new lawn laid in my garden in Autumn of 2021. I wasn't happy with the quality of the work carried out and, therefore, won't ask the garden company to come back and repair it. About a quarter of the new lawn is fairly lush but the remain three quarter is patchy with no signs of new growth. During the winter of 22, the rain left that part of the lawn like a quagmire. I would be grateful for any advice on how to repair it.

Many thanks

George

2. George Bryson

Ratings:
    +1
    I forgot to include an image in original post - this may help to see the problem I have.

George

Attached Files:

3. Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,259
    Simple light scarify or rake it then with a good quality top soil mixture add a grass seed trying to match the best possible and dress it. You can use the flat side of a rake.
    Mix the seed in with the soil and spread it and work it in with the flat side of the rake. Keep it damp so the germination takes place correctly and keep off the area.

4. George Bryson

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Liz, sorry for taking so long to respond and thank you for your advice. I lost interest in my garden as a result of the work carried out in the Autumn. However, I'm pleased say that the lawn has remarkably recovered although I will still take your advice and scarify it and reseed where necessary.

Thank you again.

G

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,259
      thanks for the update. Don’t worry about the late reply, I’ve been busy too as I’m working till 25th of this month before I get a day off! The joys of Greenkeeping and club championship plus I had a nice reward for my work so far.