1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rolawn Medallion turf. Is this a weed?

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Dan M, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Dan M

Dan M Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had my Rolawn medallion fitted a week and I've noticed this. It was in the turf when it was delivered. Should I be worried or will this disappear when I cut it first off?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
    Ratings:
    +10,739
    Those are just grass flower heads Dan, June is the time when most grass plants try to form flowers. Simply cutting the grass will remove them (although make sure you don't cut too short if it's newly laid turf). :dbgrtmb:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,185
      Yep just the grass flowering, completely natural and a quick mow will remove them.

• Like Like x 1
      • Jim1974

Jim1974 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +0
        Hang on just a minute Dan....

What you have here is Annual Meadow Grass. it is a weed and I'm in exactly the same position as you now. My grass has been laid a couple of weeks and my turf from Rolawn is absolutely riddled with a AMG just like yours

I'm in the process of dealing with trading standards because I want a full refund at the least. Although dealing with Rolawn is a truly awful experience. All I got from them in the reply explaining why I was on my hands and knees for days weeding out these little weeds just two weeks after installing a top quality garden lawn before it looks like a cow field was an excert cut n pasted from their website... nothing else. That must be what they call customer service.

The little seeds on your lawn will be new thick, course weed strands before too long and each one of them in turn will be another few thousand seeds. Etc. I have really no idea what to do. I'm too afraid to mow in case it spreads further.