1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Not that impressed with Onion sets.

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by silu, Jul 18, 2016.

1. WoolyBack

WoolyBack Gardener

Ratings:
    +46
    I grew sturon and 'stur bc 20' last year and they grew very well 300 sets produced 70kg, the best crop I've ever had. I've planted out about 200 this year. Last year must have been just right for onions, rain at regular intervals. This year they are doing ok I think. In the attached, there is a quinoa plant(looks like fat hen) bottom left, then a row of seed onions (variety up-to-date) sown a bit late and hard to see, then the sets.

I've planted 3 from last year to see if I can get any seeds off them as they are excellent keepers. May be a bit late as only planted last week and no sprouts yet. No idea which of the 2 varieties as the paper bags split in transit and they were all mixed up.

Attached Files: