1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Okra

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Freddy, Jan 25, 2019.

1. MRishi

MRishi Gardener

Ratings:
    +25
    Guntur chilli - Wikipedia :P

2. MRishi

MRishi Gardener

Ratings:
    +25
    Yes, pm me .

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,478
    @MRishi that's one area we've yet to get to.

Last year we toured Rajastan, the year before it was Karnataka and Kerala and the year before we went from Darjeeling, through Gangtok, Sikkim, to Paro and Thimphu, Bhutan, and on down to Kolkotta. All of them were totally different but extremely enjoyable, and tiring, and all the people were lovely.

4. MRishi

MRishi Gardener

Ratings:
    +25
    @Shiny,

its hard to find tourist trips to my place as it is very tropical, but if you happen to visit current Andhra pradesh state..'Araku Vally' is one hill station not to miss.

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,478
    Thanks for the info. We'll bear that in mind.

At our age we still do tend to try and find our own way about but I'm now less likely to do the driving myself when we travel in some of the more out of the way places. :noidea: It's not so much a language problem as a road and traffic problem, and nowadays we also like a reasonable amount of comfort :) The north east is a bit easier for us as Mrs Shiney is fairly fluent in Bengali (got her GCE O Levels in it :rolleyespink:) but we can get by to some degree in Hindi which certainly helped when we were in Rajastan and travelling around in cycle rickshaws. Although it almost caused a disaster when our rickshaw driver was so surprised at hearing Hindi from Brits that he turned round to look at us and ran into the back of a bus! :hate-shocked: :heehee: I just managed to grab Mrs Shiney and stop her flying out of the front! :phew:

P1380241.JPG

P1380243.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
    • MRishi

MRishi Gardener

Ratings:
      +25
      :yay: hamko hindi bhi thodaa aatha hai.:heehee:

• shiney

Ratings:
      +118,478
      That's kind of you. :)

You almost certainly know more than I do. Mrs Shiney is the one that knows a lot more.

That rickshaw driver was bemoaning the fact that he had five (panj) daughters and no sons. All in Hindi, which Mrs Shiney was translating for me as he was speaking.