1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Placement advice

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Sean c g, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Sean c g

Sean c g Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +23
    Hi everyone

mom new to the forum and will be using it a lot for help and advise.

I’ve recently purchased my first greenhouse. A 6x6 halls popular.
    I can’t wait to get started and start to grow init.

i have a base that I purchased with it that I am looking at setting up and fitting this weekend.

I have a space I want it to go that’s next to a fence but I’ve been told I need to make sure I have space all around to be able to fit glass and general maintenance. Is this true or can I fit glass from the inside. I can come forward a couple of feet if I have to but I want the space in front of it for other things. So if so I would rather it go upto the fence.
    Thanks in advance

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
      +3,718
      Short answer is yes it's true, plus at some point you will find you have to replace glass or clean the glass to remove build up of dirt and algae, if you don't leave yourself enough room to bend or turn that job becomes hard work.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,206
        Hi,

Yes, true as said, but you only need about 450mm between the greenhouse and fence to get in there the odd time you may need to, assuming its a slim person.
        You are not just talking about accessing the rear side, but also the rear side of the roof, if its positioned parallel to the fence rather than the gable end.

• Like Like x 1
        • Sean c g

Sean c g Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +23
          Thanks for the advice. Was hoping I could go right back but don’t want to make problems for the future.

• Like Like x 1