1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help - insects on pepper plants

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Lisa+Jon, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Lisa+Jon

Lisa+Jon Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, today I have noticed tiny white insects on my pepper plants does anyone know what they are and if they do any damage how to get rid of them??

They seem to be only on the pepper plants in the green house, everything else in their seems unaffected.

Many thanks.

P.s my cucumber plant has 3 big cucumbers about 4-5" long and as fat as a supermarket one but dont seem to have grown any more in the last week, should I take these off to encourage growth of the others?

Thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Lisa+Jon

I'm no expert, but I would suggest white fly.

Next bit, I got of the web.

Regarding your cucumbers, if you think that is the maximum growth they are going to attain, then yes...remove them to encourage others, or leave them and give them lots of feed.:thumb:

3. Lisa+Jon

Lisa+Jon Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply, looks like us for tea :) as for the white fly i have a bush in the front garden infested with aphids and there are loads of ladybugs eating so i think i will transfer some into the green house(ladybugs that is)