Please help with pepper plant

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Sam Sam, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Sam Sam

Sam Sam Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I re potted this pepper plant a couple days ago had it out in the greenhouse yesterday and accidentally left it out all night. Don’t think it done much however today I noticed on the underside of the leaves, more so on the leaf veins, white bumpy fugal looking stuff.

would anyone know what this is and how to treat it?

kind regards Sam

Attached Files:

2. Pete8

Pete8 Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +240
    My guess at this time of year would be aphids - can't see the bugs in the photos.
    With small plants like that just wipe them off with a bit of damp cotton wool and check again in a few days just in case you missed any.

It may be something else, but I can't see the bugs and it's aphid time of year again :)

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +87,178
    I think I've seen similar.
    How long have you had the plant?
    They almost look like aphids that have been attacked by a parasite.

4. Hanglow

Hanglow Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,631
    It could also be edema, caused by irregular watering. I wouldn't worry at all. I'm battling aphids at the moment but young pepper plants tend to pull through these ailments and are easy as long as they get enough warmth

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sam Sam

Sam Sam Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      Thankyou for the replies! I thought it was some kind of insect but i couldnt see anything moving and as best as i can see with my eyes they didnt look like insects. I have a magnifying loop now so ill have a better look this afternoon.

With regards to the edema suggestion. Looking online it does look quite similar. I asked my mrs to put the plant in the greenhouse whilst i was at work. By the time i got home in the afternoon the pot was completely dried out and the plant drooping so that ties up with the possible cause. I gave a drink of rain water and a very small amount of tomorite.
      What would be best action from here? Just keep it regularly watered and wipe off the scaly stuff?

Kind regards

sam

• BobTG

BobTG Plantaholic

None - at last!
      Ratings:
      +163
      The edema nodules are part of the plant, so no need to remove them. Basically, you don't need to do anything. :smile: