1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pond filtration

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by Gizmo, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Gardener

Ratings:
    +851
    The plastic adapter came with the filteration kit. No other way to connect hose to output connection

.just had a thought would it be possible to cut the plastic adapter pipe would flow improve to waterfall

The flow from spray bar is OK..
    It fills up all the compartments when water gets to outlet pipe you will get a low flow and then the water will come over the whole unit

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,204
    That adapter would seem to be for the INLET though your model has already had a smaller diameter 90 degree fitting on it, unlike the instruction manual below.

Remove that clear hose adapter fitting from the OUTLET and position the whole box over the waterfall so the water just runs straight out from the Outlet hole - think you will find that works fine as the pump is rated at 4500 LPH and the filter can handle 9000LPH.

The Outlet is just Gravity Fed not pumped, so the slighest restriction , like that adapter, will cause the water to back up and overflow out of the box.

Once you prove it works ok, you just need to get some large diameter hose for the outlet.

000660.jpg

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Gardener

Ratings:
    +851
    Thanks for your help it looks like I have got the wrong adapters on the wrong ends of the unit according to the picture you posted of the manual

I would have thought that the adapter with hose tails which is the clear adapter would have been for the outlet. Not the inlet connection
    So I just got to swap the adapters over and it should work

4. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,204
    No, use whichever adapter fit best to your hose on the INLET

DO NOT fit any adapter to the OUTLET, just follow Blagdons instructions, as already mentioned.

5. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,204
    Have you got it all working ok ....?

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Gardener

Ratings:
    +851
    hi thanks for your reply i had to get 38mm hose and 40mm plus clips i have not used the plastic hose adapter and this is he result i got all though i have a drip on the connection from filtration unit to waterfall feature but apart from that its working
    IMG_20210615_120115_resized_20210615_125136730.jpg

7. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,204
    Looks a good flow there :)

Just make that outlet hose run on a more even downwards path, it looks rather horizontal , almost a bit upwards as it come out of the box, just helps reduce any back pressure, might reduce the drip.