Powerful advert.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pip, Jul 7, 2009.

1. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Several weeks ago a poster appeared on my local railway station which caught my eye, the poster contained a picture of a woman with Motor Neurone Disease along with a brief statement about an advert that she was involved in the making of. An advert which aims to highlight the seriousness of this awful disease and make us aware of how vulnerable we are to it.

As I said I saw this advert weeks ago and I finally got round to checking the out the website mentioned on the poster. We are warned that the advert is shocking and is not allowed to be shown on T.V due to its powerful scenes, it carries a 15 certificate.

I have no doubt that thousands of people have seen the poster,read it and intended getting round to viewing the ad but for what ever reason never got round to it.

Anyway, I thought I would post it just to help highlight the disease and its effects because I think it is a disease that we should all be aware of. Before playing the film please read the short script beneath the picture.

Again it is both shocking and powerful viewing.

http://www.sarahsstory.org.uk/

2. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    You're right. It is pretty hard hitting.