1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

"Press 2 if You're Thinking of Leaving Us."

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Doghouse Riley, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Works every time.

Got my car insurance renewal through the post this morning, with a 20% hike. A phone call got it reduced to 10%. Couldn't find a cheaper quote, so a sort of a result.
    I was still grumbling a bit at the increase when I told my wife.
    Keeping a straight face she said;

"Look on the bright side, at your age you're lucky they still let you drive!"

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww DH...!!!!! :dh::lollol: Maybe she needs to think slightly more deeply these days.... :doh::luv::D

3. Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    It was just a "wind up" and it really cracked me up.

She knows she's dependent on me to take her everywhere, or else it's taxis.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :gnthb: Absolutely DH... It is her job to drum up more custom.. So Yea DH..... Give'em heck when you ncan..!!!!

5. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Never thought of that - cute way to cut through the Hampton Court Maze on the automated menus!

[​IMG]

6. Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Yes the "Thinking of leaving us" option usually stops you being kept in a long queue.

Although with some companies hitting the # key as soon as they start "bangin' on" has an effect, though with others you get a patronising recorded "I didn't get that, I'll repeat your options" or whatever, if you do it.

7. Chopper

Chopper Do I really look like a people person?

Seal Clubber
    Ratings:
    +112
    Just one of my pet hates is insurance companies. I feel morally obliged to make life as difficult as possible for them when it comes time for renewal. The motor trade company that I am with has actually told me that they make the office junior call me when it is time to renew, just to see how they cope with it.

This year I actually got a reduction and a better policy. They cover all my bikes and any bikes I am working on for customers. They also cover all my tools and equipment, workshop, parts stock and my car. I make them earn every penny they get out of me.

Insurance companies screw motorists EVERY year without fail. They make life difficult when you do need to make a claim, then add insult to injury with thier payments. They are a leech on society and just as immoral as bankers. Something missing in the DNA of anybody that enjoys working for them.

Chopper.

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,527
    I'm quite happy with my insurances - two cars, house and contents. Each year for the last five years, after some considerable discussions with my broker, the premiums have been dropped below those of the previous year. I'm not sure it will happen at the next renewal but I shall give it a go. Currently our 2.5 and 1.8 engined cars are costing a total of £290 fully comp with no claims bonus protection and £50 excess.