Solved Problem with boxwood

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by bleu-clair, Mar 9, 2022.

1. bleu-clair

bleu-clair Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Some of my boxwood branches are turning brown. I don't think it is box blight as the leaves are still on the affected branches. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? I have around 15 box bushes and the issue is slowly spreading across them.

IMG-4846.jpg IMG-4845.jpg IMG-4848.jpg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,305
    My box got badly attacked by the caterpillars last year, but that looks more like blight to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
      Ratings:
      +54,374
      Hi @bleu-clair and [​IMG]

I would definitely say it's blight , we had it last year and we removed all but one and cut that one right back to almost ground level. It's looks healthy now, albeit very small. So keeping our fingers crossed.I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. We had individual bushes so it was easy to cut one back as a bit of an experiment, but as you have many more and probably grown as hedging it wouldn't be appropriate in your case.

• bleu-clair

bleu-clair Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      Many thanks for the advice @Upsydaisy and @pete

It's such a shame as I have an entire mini hedge made of boxwood. It seems that the blight is spreading to other areas of it rather quickly. I'm guessing that at some point I will have to remove the entire hedge which makes me really sad :sad::sad::sad:

• Friendly Friendly x 1