1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Purple Roses

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Michelle B, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Michelle B

Michelle B Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no knowledge about gardening at all, but am desperately trying to find out about purple roses.
    Could anyone tell me if I can buy natural purple roses in the UK.
    What time of year they blossom etc. (I am basically wanting to buy some in the next couple of weeks). I suppose I'm after a dark lilac rather than a pink/reddy purple.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. litherland

litherland Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [QUOTE
    We have a lovely purple rose called Rhapsody in Blue its a floribunda and is flowering at the moment It can be purchased from Fryers Roses at Knutsford hope this helps.]
    Originally posted by Michelle B:
    I have no knowledge about gardening at all, but am desperately trying to find out about purple roses.
    Could anyone tell me if I can buy natural purple roses in the UK.
    What time of year they blossom etc. (I am basically wanting to buy some in the next couple of weeks). I suppose I'm after a dark lilac rather than a pink/reddy purple.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    [/quote]

3. litherland

litherland Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We have a lovely purple florabunda rose called Rhapsody in Blue which you can buy from Fryers Roses of Knutsford it is in flower at the moment. Hope this helps.

4. Michelle B

Michelle B Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had a look on the web and that is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you so much for your help.

5. greenfingers

greenfingers Gardener

driver
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rhapsody in Blue is also available at Wisley garden Centre, which is located within the grounds of Wisley gardens. The rose itself is also a feature they have in their rose garden. And has a lovely fragrant to it.