1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

re-grassing fire damaged lawn area

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by keithhampson, Dec 13, 2011.

1. keithhampson

keithhampson Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, I've just bought a house and on the back garden the old occupants have had a fire on the lawn leaving an area of about 10 feet x 10 feet of old black ash and soil, what is the best way of repairing it so I can get nice green grass growing again?

Keith

2. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    you could turf that area .... and it can still be done now

or you could wait till spring and seed the area

what I have found in cases like these, is that the new grass planted in the area where the bonfire was, will be a lot greener than the rest of the grass (for a long time) .... i.e. you will have a dark green patch in that area, unless you fertilize your whole lawn with a high nitrogen granular fertilizer