1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Recycling Christmas Trees

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Phil A, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Ian Taylor

Ian Taylor Total Gardener

Maintenance Manager, Oddfellows on the Park.
      Ratings:
      +2,751
      I chop ours up and put it in the council green bin

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Didn't realise that goats eat them although not surprised as goats can eat a multitude of things:snork:

Actually thought that the article was going to be about something we saw on the telly last week but can't think what programme it was on but a lot of Christmas trees are donated in a part of the UK and the trees are actually nailed into the banks of rivers where they are used to stop river banks from being washed away and the branches and foliage catch the heavy water flow.I thought this article was pretty:cool:.Just wish I can remember what the programme was:biggrin:

I normally ask around our village for anyone that wants to get rid of their real xmas trees to let me have them and after we have collected them Mr Kandy chops them up and we stick them in the back of the car where we take them to our allotment.After they have dried to a crisp on the plot I burn them in my incinerator and then use the ash on my plots which helps to open the land up ready for planting.All this must do the ground some good as we have been digging up Parsnips that weigh 3lb and 3.5lb and so get quiet a few meals worth out of them:snork:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    • Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,951
    • Autumn bliss

Autumn bliss Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,534
      I'm gonna keep my one for using again next year..well it is still alive afterall:heehee:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Poor goat :sad::biggrin:

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      https://www.energylivenews.com/2014/12/29/christmas-trees-used-as-flood-protection/