1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Recycling tin foil

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Phil A, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So you've cleaned and separated your tinfoil, put it in the bin marked "clean tin foil only."....

Then a bloke from Dorset council turns up, opens the tin foil bin and dumps the whole lot in general waste for landfill :doh::dunno:

They try to shame us into recycling and then do that :gaah:

Wonder how much more we are being conned :th scifD36:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,039
      I tend to think recycling is just another fad really.
      I take my bottles to the recycle, you have to sort them, brown ,green etc.
      Bet they all end up in the same pile to be crushed for aggregate, but it makes the council look really good.;)

• Agree Agree x 3
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,094
        Its all a con. My council were caught landfilling all the paper that was meant to be recycled.

People getting all freaked out with plastic in the oceans yet the same people chuck their plastic bottles etc out the car window as they drive along the lovely country roads.

And just for the record i still recycle,dont flush plastics down the loo or chuck mc donalds containers out my window either..:old:

• Like Like x 3
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • pete

Retired
          Ratings:
          +86,039
          I think it would be a good idea to really clamp down on littering.

Times I come across a half drank bottle of coke just tossed in my garden or by the roadside.

Only this morning there was a whole lot of fast food stuff on the grass at the top of the road, obviously just thrown out of a car window.

It needs to be treated as serious, not just accepted.

• Agree Agree x 3
          • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
            Ratings:
            +31,948
            Zigs, they may have changed the way it's sorted, our recycling goes into one bag then into lorry all mixed up, it then goes to a big sorting centre to get sorted

There's some good excusses to be used when busy and they can put it into landfill pos at tax payers expense, it was contaminated by house holder

Most of our rubbish on the roadside is from silage wrap, then second worst is stuff coming out the back of the recycle and rubbish lorrys as they drive around the road collecting it :scratch:
            we don't see fast food packets about because we are to far from the shops so it's been tossed out long time before there get here

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
          • pete

Retired
            Ratings:
            +86,039
            They collect food waste here.
            Must be a maggot mountain at this time of the year where they dump it.

Saw this bloke this morning putting a finished can on top of someones wall, it fell off, so he picked it up and put it back on the wall.
            I really cant understand the thinking:scratch:, like it was not littering if he put it on the wall.:mad: