1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

rescued Choisia

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by HMcT, Sep 17, 2016.

1. HMcT

HMcT Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    2 1/2 years ago I bought a Choisia (sundance I think) and planted it into garden.
    It didn't do much and in Spring this year I thought I'd killed it so I dug it up, however as I had spare compost I replanted it in a fairly large pot.
    To my surprise it seems to have recovered and the roots are coming through the bottom of the pot
    I'd like some advice on what to do with it now.
    Do I replant it in garden (in a different place) now or leave it til next Spring? or do I need to invest in a really big pot and transfer it (I 'd rather have it in garden).
    Any tips / advice on how to transplant also welcome

Thanks

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    I would plant it now (Autumn is a good time because nature will do the watering for you) and you should have flowers in Spring - if not this year then definitely next year.

As to a "different place", hard to tell because you don't mention what sort of space you had it in before: shady? Sunny? Windy? Dry? Wet? :dunno:
    Also, you don't appear to have given your general location in your profile, so again, it is difficult to advise. What sort of soil do you have? Clay? Sandy? Loamy? :dunno:
    It prefers a sunny but sheltered aspect and well drained soil, if that helps? :)

Out of curiosity, what was it about the shrub which made you think you had killed it and prompted you to dig it up?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • HMcT

HMcT Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      I'm in Doncaster
      The shrub wasn't growing and leaves were turning brown.
      Can you give me any tips on replanting?
      Is it hole slightly deeper and wider than pot, then do I mix multipurpose compost in hole.:sad: