1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rose Indigolette climber

Discussion in 'Roses' started by ThePlantAssassin, Sep 1, 2019.

1. ThePlantAssassin

ThePlantAssassin Gardener

NuttyFruitCake
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    @wiseowl Some advice please. I planted my Indigolette approx. 6 weeks ago. It has now started to put on a little growth. However...…….. I want to grow it across the fence panel but it has sprouted growth in totally the wrong direction as I hope you can see in the photo. What shall I do to rectify this? Shall I dig it up and turn it round? I think it would snap if I tried to bend the stems back towards the fence. 20190901_123741.jpg I haven't put any form of support behind it yet as I wasn't sure it was going to grow. Would appreciate greatly you imparting some of your knowledge.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,902
    Good morning @cindy my friend don't worry it will be just fine,well are you sure you have spelt the name right I have this Rose down as "Indigoletta" a Rose from Holland but my advice is to leave until its dormant period about end of October beginning of November then we will be able to see the canes (without leaves and it will have grown a little more) much more clearly,trust my friend we will get your lovely Rose to grow in the direction that we want it to grow;) please don't move it as it looks to be in the right position just the right distance from the fence to get the amount of good air circulation a little patience will go a long way and then we will get it right:smile:

Capture.JPG

• Azubis
    •Blue Lady
    • Blue Queen
    • Morvana

Mauve or mauve blend Large-Flowered Climber.
    Exhibition name: Indigoletta
    Bred by G.L.M.Van de Laak (Netherlands, 1981).
    Climber, Hybrid Tea, Cl., Large-Flowered Climber.
    Mauve. Strong fragrance. Double (17-25 petals) bloom form. Occasional repeat later in the season.
    Climbing.
    Height of 8' 2" to 9' 10" (250 to 300 cm).

3. ThePlantAssassin

ThePlantAssassin Gardener

NuttyFruitCake
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    @wiseowl thank you so much for the advice. I will leave it alone as you say. I just copied the label re the name. I've had one flower and it was the lilac colour thank goodness. 20190901_142100.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1