1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rose Scent from Heaven

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Spruce, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,322
    Hi Any one growing this rose is it as good as they say repeat flowering and disease ie blackspot free ?

[​IMG]

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,897
    Good afternoon @Spruce yes its a lovely climbing the blooms are similar to a Hybrid Tea Rose, it was the Rose of the year 2017 mine is in its first year my Rose has got a fruity scent but its not the strongest Rose scent that I have in the garden ,but I shall reserve judgment on Chris's statement that you will never have to spray this Rose against fungal disease;):smile:

The climbing rose – which grows up to 2 metres tall, was bred by Chris Warner a rose hybridiser famous for his climbing and rambling roses, which have included ‘Warm Welcome’ and ‘Gloriana’.Chris says that the rose is ‘one of my best’. It has a fruity fragrance and starts to bloom in early June, with flushes of flowers until the first frost. “It is extremely disease-resistant,” explains Chris. “You will never have to spray it (against fungal disease).”
    • Orange-pink Large-Flowered Climber.
      Exhibition name: Scent From Heaven
      Bred by Christopher H. Warner (United Kingdom, before 2012).
      Introduced in United Kingdom by Cants of Colchester Ltd. in 2016 as 'Scent From Heaven'.
      Climber.
      Peach - orange. Apricot.. Strong fragrance. Medium, double (17-25 petals) bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season.
      Climbing. Glossy, bronze-green foliage.

Height: up to 20'10" (up to 635cm).

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Spruce

Ratings:
      +12,322
      woo cracker of a answer...

i am having a new fence put in..... it was happening before the storms so you can imagine what looks like now... it was 16 years old so have paid the xtra for concrete posts and a concreate kick board so its easier just to change a panel... plus I still have a space for the hedgehogs to pop through ....

I hope I never have to spray as that is one of the main reasons to get them ... so the two roses both the same a good 6 feet apart , with a mix of clematis vinitcella group and a coupe of hybrids, but not the montana just too rampant should look good

its my shade border gets sun until about 12pm so I having a mix of hosta and ferns at the base ... so need some colour

ta

Spruce

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Spruce

Ratings:
        +12,322
        upload_2022-3-3_14-35-3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
        • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,897
          Good afternoon @Spruce no worries my friend you are most welcome your lovely Rose will reward you for many years ,enjoy the rest of your day :smile:

Capture.PNG

• Spruce

Ratings:
          +12,322
          just ordered then now Woo, bare root makes it cheaper and I can pot up if needed

thanks again

Spruce

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Spruce

Ratings:
            +12,322
            and a another to shop around with to get the cheapest price and 5 year guarantee...

I have found :

bareroot 1 x plant £8.99
            4ltr pot x1 £27.99