1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudbeckia - young plants

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by justracing, Nov 15, 2012.

1. justracing

justracing Gardener

Jobbing builder/landscaper
    Ratings:
    +53
    I grew quite a few plants, Brilliant Star, from seed earlier in the year and set them out in a border to flower next year. They are a bit moth eaten and have only reached about 9" tall and I now realize they're in the wrong place. Can I relocate them now?
    I also have some quite big clumps of Penstemon and Eryssium both of which are still flowering and these also need to bee moved(bad planning on my part). If I lift enough soil with the roots could I move them now?

2. Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
    Ratings:
    +31,191
    I would say now is a very good time to move plants around. Soil is still quite warm and the plants' demands will be minimal. Your idea to lift enough soil around the roots is good - it will avoid root disturbance.
    Jenny namaste

3. justracing

justracing Gardener

Jobbing builder/landscaper
    Ratings:
    +53
    I split up some big daisies, Leucanthemum, today and replanted them but the tops had already died off. Just a bit nervous about moving stuff whilst still flowering- just!