1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved (scabious) Some mystery plants I got

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Reetgood, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Reetgood

Reetgood Gardener

Ratings:
    +111
    I have been given some plants and I'm trying to work out if I have them for another year.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347710119.993538.jpg

I love this plant. It has white flowers, fern like leaves and the seed heads are pretty too. This one is very leggy, it got planted in a spot not quite suitable for it (and the hydrangea took over!). What is it and can I gather seeds from it?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347710330.924681.jpg

This is a bit sad, was a bit neglected but I said I'd take it. Little purple, pink and white flowers? Is it annual or perennial?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347710431.243697.jpg

This I think might be some kind of bean plant? Another rescue, worth potting on? As you can see it's healthy but not very big. Might be too late?

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,322
    Hi
    I think the 1st picture is " Scabious" hardy perennial

Spruce

3. Reetgood

Reetgood Gardener

Ratings:
    +111
    Oh yes I think it is. Thanks! Looking at pictures I think it is scabiosa 'moon dance'/ webbiana. Apparently you can divide it - I only have the one plant, I assume I should wait? Can I gather seeds?

4. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,322
    I dont know how large your plant is if possible to divide I would wait till the spring , yes you can save the seed but they dont grow true to type (ie they may be a different colour and size)

Spruce

5. Reetgood

Reetgood Gardener

Ratings:
    +111
    Thanks, it's not big enough to divide so I may just try the seeds - quite intrigued to see what happens!