1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Sneak Preview of shiney's Open Day

Discussion in 'Events' started by shiney, May 24, 2008.

1. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    It was very cool thanks Shiney :) A bit different to yours! :D

It didnt rain which saved my life and the garden looked nice. In the end it was a back drop to the screening and the celebrating really. A few people who had opened their gardens earlier in the festival came (and brought plants which was terribly kind), but it was mostly my friends and friends of the film makers- fine artists, ceramicists and general arty types from Goldsmiths.

No one left when they were supposed to, but it was nice to share the party. And I was up at 5am for the drive to Dorney Lake!

Im doing it again later on in the season :) Date tbc!

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like a great day:dbgrtmb: Sorry I couldn't make it Shiney, busy looking after Mum.

I did see some of your plants round at Johns this morning though:thumbsup:

3. greencuisinequeen

greencuisinequeen Gardener

Ratings:
    +42
    Hello Shiney, Mrs Shiney and not forgetting the Boss of course!
    Me & Mr GCK (The Chief) would like to :thankyou: all for making us feel really welcome and the fantastic day of which we thoroughly enjoyed (specially The Chief & his cake tasting) as I took part in the tour with the boys (yes that's you JWK and Kristen:D) I love the Herb garden that Mrs Shiney made up and takes pride of place in my garden. please thank Issy for the fab head massage, was totally refreshed after that. We felt very spoilt with the lovely tea and sarnies and The Chief says you make an excellent egg sarnie and knows where to come now :WINK1:

JWK & Mrs JWK was lovely to meet you both and thanks for the tips and advice for the garden.

Kristen thanks for the cuttings and the Canna lillies, have sorted them out and fingers crossed they will not become to promiscuous :heehee:

Was a great day and the charity are so blessed to have you and the wonderful group of helpers, you truly are the best. Your garden is wonderful and is proof of the love, care and hard work you put into it.
    :love30:

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,465
    GCK and John and Kristen:

It was really wonderful to meet all you guys at last!!! :dbgrtmb: And so glad you liked the garden! It really made my day! I am SO glad you love the Herb Garden - keep snipping bits to put in your cooking and keep it in good shape. the purple sage may well need to come out at some point and put in the garden - it is evergreen and you can always take cuttings ............

I have planted the Amish Paste tomato, and the Oxheart........ Can't wait to taste the fruits..........

Kristen: Thank you so much for the tomato plants :thumbsup: - almost ready for picking! And the lobelia you brought - 3 of them sold for £1 each :yess: and I have put the trailing ones in a tub. Thanks very much!!

Yes, Izzy is my therapist friend and she is THE BEST! I would have loved one of her treatments, but duty called!!!

Take care and all of you are most welcome to come and visit us any time if you are anywhere in the vicinity......... have a cuppa or lunch.

MRS SHINEY :D

5. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Well I'm muchly embarrassed ...

The plants I bought were going on the compost heap. I'm happy you flogged the Lobellia - just hope the person who bought them can get the seedlings sufficiently separated. There were probably 200 plants in each block!

By the by, the seed of the non-trailing varieties was bought for a single specific project. If you want the seed to grow for next year let me know and I'll bung it in the post. I bought a gram each of Red, White and Blue, in anticipation of some germination failures, and having had roaring success I have most of it left! 25,000 seeds per gram :thumb:

And the Tomatoes are a mess - I was expecting you to sell them rather than give them house room! They'd been crammed into a 4" pot for far too long. But, having said that, I did pot them on the day before and with a bit of feeding even the old leaves will probably green-up. Yeah, they were a bit more advanced than yours! but your's were a nice green colour :thumb:

6. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
  7. graham the gardener 1978

graham the gardener 1978 i'm addicted to gardening and i love it

head gardener
    Ratings:
    +71
    wow lovely borders, i love aquilegias :D

8. Folly Mon

Folly Mon GC Official Counselor

starting new busniss in new year
    Ratings:
    +2,409
    SHINEY Your Garden is To Die For I Abslutley LOVE IT :wub2:

Talk about Hard Work and PERFECTION :dbgrtmb:

11 OUT OF 10

Every Morning you wake up to That its :hpybtd: pm me your Address please ile send you a Donation for your charratey God bless you & Mrs Shiney

TOP DRAW THAT :WINK1:

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,465
    Thanks Folly, it's certainly hard work but it's not perfection :heehee:. The thousands of aquilegia help hide the weeds :roflol:

PM sent :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Shiney i am absolutley gutted as i can't get to Shineyland:gaah: :gaah::gaah:....i wouldn't mind but i've been asking for a swap for weeks.....never rocked the boat ,always polite...well no more favours for them:mad: .....as you can imagine i'm not a happy bunny...got a pet lip and everything.....i'm well aware i'm a drama queen but it would have been such a hoot.....i so wanted to have a lovely stroll around your beautifull garden and meet up with GC'ers ....got to stop it as i'm making myself worse:sad:
      If you could please PM me i'd be gratefull so that i can send a donation....

• Like Like x 1
      • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
        +12,667
        Just send it to me LoadsaLollyMac and I've give it to Shiney for you :)

• Like Like x 1
        • strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
          Ratings:
          +28,477
          I'll make sure he does!:biggrin:
          Shame you can't make it Loli.:cry3:

• Like Like x 1
          • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
            Ratings:
            +31,177
            Loli, I am sad for you too. Why can't the boss be a bit more amenable? I'm sure you don't make a habit of it. You and me can have a virtual wineout and share the biggest box of virtual choccies ...
            xx Jenny xx

• greencuisinequeen

greencuisinequeen Gardener

Ratings:
            +42
            Hellooooooo Mr & Mrs S!

Newey and I are hoping to make it will let you know for deff nearer time, due to work commitments and a it of shuffling needed!
            Got a wonderful surprise the other week regarding Hosta I bought from the plant sale last year. Thought it had died and was :cry3: but after moving bits that were left on the pot and seeing some greenery I took a closer look and hey presto see below (pic taken this morn) I now am :dancy:. Caught the enemy in there so launched him over the fence and have now checked over for other slugs etc and raised pot up!
            [​IMG]

Sending you both our best
            x

• Like Like x 3
            • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              You're on Jenny ,we'll do just that:dbgrtmb:
              Amenable my Boss:lunapic 130165696578242 5:....I'm back at work tommorrow....i have a feeling i'll be walking around with a face like a slapped.....bottom:biggrin: