1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes you have a bad day.it's going to happen...what makes you come out of that...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DianneW, Jan 2, 2021.

1. DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,860

60's will always me a time of huge memories and Gerry & The Pacemakers amongst them will not be forgotten by me.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +89,902
      Good morning @Mike Allen my dear friend it won't be to long now before that first Rose opens,Stay safe and take care:grphg::smile:

I don't know whether nice people tend to grow roses or growing roses makes people nice. ;):blue thumb:

• Like Like x 6
      • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,860

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
          +2,860
          Write now I am thinking too much information so I will get to the end..Mother had dementia and obviously she was not very human at the end of her life. She changed her Will and left everything to My 1st Son...her home her everything nobody received anything but that did not really make me feel bad it was that my 1st born destroyed everything that I thought of as a Son. As it was he just worked to gain...just horrific and the few times I had contact with him he never ever showed any emotion...just that's what Nan wanted....

.A few months ago my Sister wrote me a short email, She said your letting her win Di and I don't think that at all, but I know what love is and just wish I'd had a Mum that gave us some comfort like Mum's do naturally. Cuddles and Kisses and childhood problems listened to and all put right. My Dad was the opposite Thank God...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
            Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
          • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
            Ratings:
            +6,097
            DianneW. Your opening sentence.
            Dianne this is THE FRIENDLY GARDENING FORUM. Here. We don't tire of listening to each other problems and hardships. We truly are such a loving and caring community.

It is so, so sad how many lovely people sadly suffer end of life changes. Being as I have such a love for medicen etc. I often spend much time, especially during the small wee hours. Asking myself. For all those who no longer know what day it is etc. I try to imagine just what is going through their now troubled and damaged minds. Please don't down yourself of have wrong thoughts about our elders. Life can be and is very hard for some. Please. I am always prepared to listen and try to give some support and comfort.

• Like Like x 2
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
              Ratings:
              +44,696
              I like to listen to music, especially the carpenters and singing to them when ever i get the chance. When i was little i wanted to be a professional singer but never got round to it.

• Like Like x 5
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
                +2,860
                Well there never, be and end, I was using my friend the shark, the thoughts just came..How could she have done that to Dad. He was recovering from a serious operation because he had Stomach Cancer and the op he had because he wanted his life with Mother to be as long as possible. He always said he would not put himself through it if it was not for Mother being with him.
                She had a row with my Sister and managed to get hysterical so much so that Dad had to call for an ambulance, she thought she was having a heart attack but had all the tests necessary and later that evening she came home. She told us all that she had had a major Heart Attack this time..her third apparently...and they let her home because of Dad needing care..:what:......:yikes:
                [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
                • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
                  +2,860
                  006.jpg
                  One day Mother gave me engagement ring..I was shocked Dad had only passed away recently and it seemed a really odd thing to do. She said she had spent £700 on having it repaired and I said nothing, just took the ring and felt quite devastated, why she would want to part with Dad's ring....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
                    +2,860
                    Add on here about our Phone and Internet. Company...Just come of the phone from Valencia Spain...he was extremely helpful and got him to understand the mess up..Now awaiting a call from Morocco....French :paladin:top Company apparently...

who wants to be a fly on the wall:dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                    • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
                      +2,860
                      No Phone call yet so :wallbanging:Phoned back myself after 14.00, they could be alive and breathing somewhere...He asked me my name and already could see the telephone number...I asked for his and I got 'It wont make any difference'...thought *******& more and said ok fine. Went on to try and explain as briefly as I could but he apparently knew exactly how I felt..obviously a mind reader then...he said' I can see you have phoned a lot of times...:gaah:I said why do you think I have spent half of the last 3 months trying to communicate with you the agent Selectra and SFR the Phone Company also my Internet Provider...After him understanding exactly how I feel for the 10th time...I said I would like to use my phone to phone family but I feel I cannot because then I just might miss this call that you all keep promising me..but hey,:yikes: he knows how I feel....do not know what country he was in but he said when I asked him if you were the guy in Valencia that I spoke with at 9.00am..no I am not....I said have a nice day and put the phone down.....put not slammed..think I am making progress here.:thud: