1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

This weed will not die! What is it?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by LRS, Sep 26, 2010.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,310
    I'm pleased that it worked for you :thumb:.

Of course, using any of these things is not allowed (even wallpaper paste or detergent :scratch:) unless it has been licensed :oops: so I'm sure you won't use them again :wink: :wink:

On a safety note - the acid you have can be very dangerous and was probably supplied in a molded polystyrene box inside a cardboard box (if it wasn't, then it should have been). Keep it in the them. If you haven't got them that way then you should keep it packed away where it can't accidentally fall over and break.

You can use the acid, carefully, to make your own pickling vinegar - which is what I do. Of course, I would never try and use it as a weedkiller :wink: :wink: :hehe:

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey, result there then LRS.

Careful what you mix with such a strong acid, i'm no chemist but mix the wrong thing with it & you could gas yourself