1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Today in the Garden

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Jazmine, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    I spent the whole day outside today as it was beautiful. I managed to do a lot of work. This is a view down one side with my tall sunflower!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
      +14
      jazmine your garden looks wonderful lovely pic well done, the weather here is fab also, looks like we are getting the heatwave now as it was predicted in august, enjoy your gorgeous garden

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
      Ratings:
      +1,320
      You must be very pleased with what you have worked for there Jazmine.
      very nice, and thanks for sharing

• Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
      Ratings:
      +694
      Thankyou Rosa and Robert. All I know is I ached from head to toe yesterday!

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +89,886
      Hi Jasmine It looks great ,well done :thumb::)

• youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
      +5
      Your garden is Gorgeous Jasmine, The Acer really sets it off, I see you have a Cordy and a Fatsia, A touch of the Tropical's :)
      Ive been buzy in this Beautifull Weather and Last night I was Exhausted too, I sorted my front garden borders out, planted some winter Pansie's, Cut the Lawns, deadheaded, Tidied up and planted my pots at the front door..

Ornamental Cabbage, Heather's and Cyclamen..

[​IMG]

I also found time to go shopping :) went to B&Q and found this at Half price ..

TreeFern.. £30 Woohoo...

[​IMG]

Can't wait untill next year to see his new Fronds, Hehe..

• Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
      +17
      Be interesting to see how your ornamental cabbages get on YDD. Seen them at B & Q myself yesterday as went for all my winter bedding plants and was going to get some for the pots but decided against it incase they didnt do well .... so will have to remember to ask you have they did later on in the spring!

Well .... I spent the day yesterday after a £60 trip to B & Q potting up my big hanging basket out the front and big planter. Got all the ones out the back to do today :)

I must admit though .... the big basket I did yesterday has to be the best I have ever done :) :) Will take some photos when I sort the camera out (had to order a new one last night as ours is broken and been using my sisters but she has taken it back now!)

• Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
      +17
      Oh .... and good idea Jazmine. Great thread :)

I too often wanted to just put a few lines in about what I had been doing but seemed a waste to start a whole new thread ... so thanks :)

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      Nice pics Jazmine and Youngdaisydee.

Today in the garden I smoked a cigarette. I'm about to go and smoke another, and while I'm out there I might dead-head the big daisies (marguerites?) and chop the tops off the golden rod before it goes to seed and takes over next door's garden.

• NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      haha Clueless - I'm just headed out to mine to sit by the pond and have a cup of coffee :) Have noticed lots of butterflies around the past couple of days, so just going to sit and enjoy - the work will still be there tomorrow!

• Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
      Ratings:
      +4,411
      Today I picked up the first of our almonds to fall naturally off the tree we bought last year.
      There's about fifty of them on it this year, it had only three or four last year.
      I cracked it open and ate it, quite a nice taste.

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
      Ratings:
      +1,320
      17 C and a chill watery breeze tells me theres not much fun to be had in the garden today. I did harvest some tomatos this morning and nearly suffered a bird strike from two passing doves!. I felt the wind from their wings.
      robert

• Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
      +12,667
      Cut down spent raspberries canes
      Harvested remaining potatoes from tubs (sown in the spring). Still proper "new" potatoes to be had, which I hadn't expected
      Harvested a Cauli that I hadn't realised was ready :) four more that will need eating this week :(
      Cut down spent Sweetcorn plants
      Removed Potato haulms so that I can harvest, and "sun dry", spuds from Pink Fur Apple in a couple of day's time
      Picked French and Runner beans for lunch (together with Foremost spuds from tub, above)
      Made nice Beetroot and Kohl rabi salad
      Planned to harvest last of [late sown] the Sweetcorn, but catering corps. was ahead of me and decided didn't need any; the chickens will wind up eating my Super Sweet Sweetcorn at this rate :(
      Planted Christmas Spuds (been chitting since early August, should have been planted Mid August)
      Watered herbaceous plants planted this spring and all trees and hedges planted last Autumn - which are BONE dry

• strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
      +2
      You have such a lovely garden, Jazmine. How is that sunflower propped up? It has the appearance of being stood up all on its own... Can't tell how big your tree fern is, YDD, but localy, they were being sold at less than £20 by Morrisons and even less still by our local GC. Once they become less of a must have trendy plant, the price should drop even more, (he says with hope):hehe:

• Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      Picked the last few beans still filling out.. Very juicy sweet & tender actually... Dug a few parsnips for dinner tonight.. Went round & squished any caterpillars stupid enough to hang about on my purple sprouting, sprouts & cabbages. Then sprayed then with a soap solution, my Cleome too, gets rid of the last few unwanted bugs..