1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tree Lupins; in containers or?

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Islander77, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.

I sowed several of them early this year; good germination and some promising young plants. Then today I realised there is a bigger one hiding in a container amid spearmint plants, about 30 inches high and well branched off.

The container is a large old black coal bucket and I am wondering if it is OK to leave the plant there? As you know, this is a very windy place and I have this year had to move a lot of things to save them .

I am delighted! Looks so very vigorous and healthy. Thank you in advance, Oh and I have I think four other smaller plants already out but much less vigorous .