1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tripod ladders for hedge cutting ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Charlie996, May 12, 2017.

1. Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
    Ratings:
    +857
    Hi all.

Where we live now we have a lot of hedging. It's the typical country mixed stuff . We like it because of the abundance of wildlife it supports with numerous birds nesting in it. The downside is cutting it. We have about 150 metres to keep in shape.

Last year I did the job off a normal pair of step ladders and a newly purchased Stihl long reach cutter. The weak thing was the step ladder.

I've been looking at these ladders in the link after seeing Monty Don using one on the telly
    Link.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Niwaki-10-...4607502&sr=8-2&keywords=niwaki+tripod+ladders

My question is has anyone used one of these or similar ? Doesent have to be the identical one ! I'm looking for opinions and recommendations please.

Thanks !!

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,185
    I keep looking at these and similar ladders made by Henchman, I've seen them at gardening shows and they look good. Keep telling myself to buy a set as I have a fair bit of hedge to cut each year and its all on a slope.

3. Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
    Ratings:
    +857
    Henchman are one of the leading brands. Niwaki it seems is the top brand a sort of industry benchmark. Similar prices as well...

I hope for info from someone who has one but thank you for the info on build quality !

4. Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
    Ratings:
    +857
    I bought the Niwaki 10 foot EN PRO one..... for anyone with lots of hedges to cut or trees to take care of (we have both) these ladders are absolutely awesome. Safety is in a different league and having such a wide stable platform to work off halves the effort required to do the hard work ...

Best bit of gardening kit I've bought ..

• Informative Informative x 1