1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Conservation Gardening

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Kristen, Mar 14, 2012.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,482
    Do you mean - water when it's dry? :heehee:

2. Lorna

Lorna Gardener

Ratings:
    +49
    First summer for many many years, even in Cumbria, that I have not had to water tubs just about every day. Ground still saturated despite a good number of sunshine and wind hours.

3. kels

kels Gardener

Ratings:
    +27
    My partner has organised it so we use grey water. Bought a water but motor hose pipe few bits. we re-use bath water and washing machine water in the green hse and outside pots.At the moment the water but is in the garage store room I take the water from that. Once we have caught up on a pile of things to do out side.(only moved into property end April and the grounds had not been worked on for 7 yrs so massive job.Which we & some friends have helped out to try and get it to look the way we want it) Once we have done the front garden then John my fiance will take up some slabs up un the back patio to do a new draining system and to bury the water system underground and take pipes from there to the hse and to the garden/greenhse area. Done in away that it can be extended at a later stage.We can see the difference in the water bill already.

Attached Files:

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,482
    I'm not conserving water at the moment. It's about two weeks since we had rain. The soil is so dry that it's cracking up so the sprinkler has been on all day - moving it around the garden.