1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Weed then feed, or the other way around?

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by LincsJohn, May 13, 2019.

1. LincsJohn

LincsJohn Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    My lawns are in a right state. Moss. Weeds. WW2 landmines. Ok, maybe not the landmines, it was probably moles.

I applied some Wilko weed and feed, which killed some weeds and a few small patches of moss have blackened, but obviously it wasn't up to the mammoth task that is my lawn. The feed element doesn't appear to have had any effect at all.

I've decided to get separate lawn feed, weedol lawn weed killer and iron sulphate / Moss killer, so I can be more selective as to what I put where.

So, is it best to feed the lawn then hit the weedy / Moss parts with the killer or the other way round?

All advice welcome, as my lawn expertise presently extends to being able to start the mower.:)

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    I weed then feed LincsJohn :)
    In the autumn maybe look to improve drainage thus controlling moss. Scarifying and raking
    Here weeds are isolated and I treat them individually with a lawn weed spray as and when they appear

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,259
      could you post a photo of the lawn to help.

• LincsJohn

LincsJohn Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +8
      I'll get some photos taken; I was out in the garden today, but forgot! To busy digging. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1