What are you Planning for 2021?

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Gary O'Neill, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +5,686
    Big, Warm welcome to the forum. This is perhaps the main thing about gardening. You never stop learning. Learning can at times become a bore, but trust me. Here on gardeners corner, good friendly advice and help is always on hand. Never hold back from asking, whatever the question is.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
      Ratings:
      +5,686
      My plans/Hopes for 2021. To rake up enough so as to take my daughter Amanda away for a few days break. Poor little lass. She is sadly disabled herself, yet she clings to me like a limpit. Honestly. I don't know where she gets the energy from. Throughout her life, she has always ended up with the dirty end of the stick. So before I get to clog popping time. I want to treat her. Is that too much to ask????????????

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,512
        Determined to get my lazy sago palms to flush this year or its landfill time..

• Like Like x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
          Ratings:
          +39,643
          Did hear you need to water them with warm water during the summer, but never tried it.

• Informative Informative x 1
          • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +4,512
            :bigthumb: @pete

Will give that a go. Made many mistakes with them over the years,its been a killing zone.

Waterlogging,cold and a big one has had 99% of its roots eaten by vine weevils.
            So with the warm water, new greenhouse and vine weevil killer maybe just maybe some growth this year.

• Like Like x 1
            • DianneW

DianneW Keen Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +1,056
              I could not see where to post so I have replied to you as its on the subject..Hope you do not mind..:love30:
              Hour ahead here so around 7.45am. I have made plans to make the garden a little easier to keep it's and acre which was 100% farm land so the grass is tough but no as tough as the...wild flowers we try to call them...:gaah:So I smallish area of blackberries raspberry's and a mix of lambs tongue hardy geraniums and 1 peony still in situ....weeds by the bucket loads...all gone except the P. worked really hard to remove the plants and the weeds around September when it had cooled a tad. Eventually after several weeks of slogging the soil was as ready as it could be to sow the grass seed.Soil still warm so was going to grow...but it didn't really, I can see some shoots but not as it should be...and the weeds...were is that swear box:nonofinger:. All I call do is regroup this project in the early spring..its fenced off with chicken wire to keep our 1 surviving chicken, Henryetta out because she as achickens will do just digs and digs...bless her.:loll:
              Its a 'niceaa place' here and I feel I have had a good welcome. Time for a cuppa.

• Like Like x 1