1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What to fill leylandii hedge gap with temporarily?

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Voobwm, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Voobwm

Voobwm Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    We've had an arsonist in our neighbourhood, lighting fires in leylandii hedges. See attached pic. I am very gutted about this as I do love my tree hedge. My garden also runs along the main road so its an important privacy screen.

Its too big to replace with a fence, not that I would want to.

Once the dead trees are removed I will have big gaps looking into my garden and so no privacy for many years until new leylandii grow and fill it.

I wondered if anyone had ideas what to put behind or in front of the young leylandii to give me privacy for that time. I am reluctant to put a fence up behind it would look weird.

I have tried buying fake leylandii fence ready for when trees are removed IMG_2023.jpg IMG_2706.jpg , its a sort of christmas tree material, and have put that up but it also looks bad due to it sagging between fence posts. See attached pic.

Just wondered of anyone knows of a good idea of what I mention above are the best options.

Thanks

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Prob as good as anything I could suggest Voobwm:)

I suggest though enriching the soil before replanting :)

I am as angry as you are about the scumbag arsonist......hope he/she was caught.

Once caught the guy who regularly snapped off pieces of plants on the front boundary....to cut a long story short he didn’t do it again!:)