1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What's this in my lawn... and how do I get rid of it?!

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by busybeeburns, Jul 16, 2019.

1. busybeeburns

busybeeburns Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I've been watching this stuff appear and grow amongst the grass, and I'm finding it difficult to get rid of. It doesn't seem to respond to lawn weed killer or weed and feed. Does anyone know what it is and how to kill it without killing the surrounding grass by going straight for the regular weedkiller?

its like ground cover clover, multiple tiny cactus-like leaves. I've tried to search for it in weed indexes but can't find anything similar. The grass seems to give up when it appears.

Attached Files:

2. Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,259
    Look up liverwort. Caused by poor drainage and low light.
    You don’t need a weed killer for that, you need to improve the area for the grass plant.

• Like Like x 1