1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Who keeps Chickens? how many and in what?...

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by Plant Potty, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Lisa11

Lisa11 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Plant Potty

Plant Potty Gardener

Ratings:
      +120
      Thanks guyz n girls, some very usefull info, thank you all:dbgrtmb: its time to root through my odds n ends of wood, and get out the power tools:yay: I've got some old chicken wire that will do to make a chicken door for the coal shed, and Mr Fox wont be coming through there as he'll first have to come through an external door.

Going to get the local weekly rag and see whats for sale, chook wise:cool:

Many thanks, Plant Potty.:)

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Something I've always been meaning to try is a plastic strip curtain in front of an open plan nest box, which is 'supposed' to reduce the hen's desire to head for the furthest, darkest, corner.