1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild Flower Blog

Discussion in 'Herbs and Wildflowers' started by Steve Elliott, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Steve Elliott

Steve Elliott Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4
    A few years ago we started a wild flower blog taking pictures through the year. This year we decided to do it again. If you are interested you can find it here -

Shropshire Wild Flowers

I should say that we don't have any rare or exotic species, most of them are pretty mundane. The most exotic we have is the Common Spotted Orchid which have just started to come into flower. We are not botanists and our interest in wild flowers came about because of our beekeeping.

2. Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I will try to add to this shortly. Living on a small offshore island that is a wild flower meadow. The orchids here died back a while ago but we have fields of bog cotton. I mention wild flowers on my own weblog and sometimes add images. islandanchorhold.blogspot.com. The bog cotton fascinates as in times past they used it as stuffing for pillows and it must have taken days to gather.