Will it live

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by OneOfManyLondoners, Feb 5, 2024.

1. OneOfManyLondoners

OneOfManyLondoners Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello, I've had a houseplant for a while now, which also became accustomed to surviving outdoors in the summer (I welcome any corrective feedback on this).

Anyway, around about mid-December time, with the air getting colder, I was conscious it may not be feeling too well, as the leaves were going slightly brown (though still full of great shape and remaining upstanding).

It remained, unbeknownst to me, near a heater for around three days... And suddenly became like how it did in the image you see below.

This picture was taken the other day, and I've hope that it can still survive, but figured I'd get some advice on how to give it the best chance to do so.

Bear in mind, in around two years, this plant grew to the height it has, after starting off as barely four leaves coming out of the soil... So you can see why I'm trying to remain hopeful here.

I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions.

upload_2024-2-5_11-43-33.png

2. flounder

flounder Super Gardener

RETIRED!!
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    That's how I lost my dracaena, looked lovely outside in summer shaded by some palms. Brought mine in a bit too late as the temps dropped and then proceeded to cook it near a radiator:sad:
    Lop it off just below the dead leaves. It'll have two choices then...live or die

• Informative Informative x 1
    • NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
      Ratings:
      +22,104
      If when you lop it off the exposed stem is green; great it may well sprout. If brown I'd cut an inch lower down and proceed down the stem until I expose a green area; if you hit the compost without any seeing any green then it's not coming back.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • OneOfManyLondoners

OneOfManyLondoners Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +3