1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Will LED Grow lights burn a Tree Fern?

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by PhilC, Mar 9, 2022.

1. PhilC

PhilC Gardener

Ratings:
    +39
    Hey,

So late last year I'd bought a tiny tree fern seedling (9cm pot) it has looked a little dead since then but has now started growing 2 new fronds over the last few weeks.

I was just wondering if it will burn the plant if I were to put it under my LED grow lights or if it will be fine due to the lights never getting hot? I know they hate sunlight but wondered if it would benefit from artificial light.

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,169
    I can't see much benefit under growlamps and it may be too intense and dry. Why not leave it where it is as it seems to be recovering. They need a fair bit of humidity.

3. PhilC

PhilC Gardener

Ratings:
    +39
    I guess you're right. This is ny biggest problem, trying new things when they were fine in the first place! I currently have it on my bathroom windowsill with no direct sunlight so it's quite humid in there at times.

4. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,169
    I don't think you can hurry up a tree fern, they grow at their own very slow pace. Sounds ideal in an humid bathroom till it gets bigger.