1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Will my tomatoes ripen?

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Sienna's Blossom, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Green Knees

Green Knees Gardener

Ratings:
    +42
    Cheers, I appreciate that. I'd already started removing odd bits of foilage but timidly, I'm now looking towards letting all light towards the fruit and will edit the bushes accordingly. :biggrin:

In fact the bushes have had a good rearrangement today as up to now it's been very Heath-Robinson-tree-sticking plaster at trying to support these huge branches, keeping them off the wall and trying to stop all 3 bushes falling in on themselves like a bushy green pyramid. :frown:

I should get a medal for creating space amongst the branches using whatever is at hand. ;-) This is why I can't post a photo... I'm a bit ashamed at what I've done!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +9,233
      I can relate to that! I’ll show you my wonky “bean-stick” supports, if you show me yours?!

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Green Knees

Green Knees Gardener

Ratings:
        +42
        I think the terms "crutch" and "splint" are more accurate! :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 1
        • Green Knees

Green Knees Gardener

Ratings:
          +42
          Just wish to let fellow "newbies" know, I found...

... any green tom you grow will ripen, even down to 1in (25mm) diameter toms (in fact my small toms are exceedingly sweet!) A few ripened on the bush, the rest ripened on a sunny window-ledge or under the settee in the living-room in the 'dark'.

I don't know which was faster or what gave tastier toms?

• Informative Informative x 2