1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kathy3, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    what did you all think of the final at the tennis ?
    was that a match or what ,sorry there had to be a loser
    it was fantastic well done to them both, and to our little British girl
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sorry Kathy I missed your post.:oWhat can I say but a brilliant match.That was one of the longest times I have managed to sit still,well apart from when I kept jumping up shouting Yes every time that Nadal scored a point.:D

I had wanted Andy Murry to get throught to the finale when he was playing Nadal but when it came to the finale I wanted him to win.Federer is a brilliant player and winning five times shows it,but i just thought that for once someone else should have a turn at kissing the trophy:D After all it isn't that Federer needs the money:thumb:

Laura Robson is someone to look out for in future years and she is 100% British {Australian born} after all:cool::D

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,533
    That quality of tennis shows that Andy Murray, although improving all the time, has a way to go to reach that standard. Time will tell whether he has it or not.
    Lets hope they don't put too much pressure and expectation on Laura Robson and let her take her time.:)

4. Anthony

Anthony Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I only saw the mens final this year and enjoyed every second. Federers turnaround was fantastic to watch but in the end i'm glad Nadal won. :D

Ant.