1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

wind damage

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by sparkle, Jan 22, 2007.

1. oktarine

oktarine Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I was going to start a seperate post until I found this one. ( See Moderators - we do listen ! ).

During the high winds a couple weeks back my fence took on "Leaning Tower of Pisa " proportions, but luckily never took flight.

Whilst repairing my fence, I had the good fortune to spy over the fence into the neighbours plot. Sitting neatly against the side of his shed was a large pile of neatly stacked house bricks. On enquiry, I was told " help yourself " Free of charge, and now have enough to build my garden path, and prob a couple of cold frames.

This convo with my neighbour has led me to find out that although he has been ( prob still is ) a keen gardener for many years, ill health has now curtailed his activities. The latest freebies he has given to me ( rather than binning ) include a couple of greenhouse heaters, and a box of about 200 2.5" square plastic pots!

So, in summary I thank the high winds, not only for allowing me to meet up and get on with my neighbour a bit more, but also for allowing me to put the fence right, as it never was in the first place.

Isn't it wonderful how nice people are.

TTFN

2. Fonzie

Fonzie Gardener

Transportation
    Ratings:
    +15
    Lost a plastic cloche and a bit of trellis between shed and house (about 4 ft-6ft) blew down.
    Not going to replace said trellis, but going to put water butt there instead.