1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you mind neighbour growing rose on your garage wall?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by SuzFlowers, Aug 26, 2021.

1. SuzFlowers

SuzFlowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +236
    Hi Pete, yes you are correct the fence that continues along behind the garage to the back of my garden is set back several inches from the garden wall. You got me thinking and I went to look and I see now why- their garage down pipe is there and so there obviously wasn’t room for the builders to put the fence there! Our gain as it’s given us a few inches more space (behind my hazel tree so not hugely useful right enough!) C61BF291-1FF9-426D-B1E1-F760041644D9.jpeg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,077
    @SuzFlowers , I'm referring to the right hand side of the picture, it appears that at one end, right hand side, the fence stops over your side of the wall and at the left hand end the fence stops on the neighbours side of the wall.:scratch:

3. SuzFlowers

SuzFlowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +236
    image.jpg 6541D5E1-A127-4AD0-85D5-55C05F7F0C33.jpeg
    Yes, that’s true Pete. I have attached a photo just taken from the front of my house looking back at it. The long strip of (very overgrown!) grass belongs to us, and the driveway is our neighbours, leading to their garage. It is my future plan to move this fence in future, once I have saved up enough money for my greenhouse, so that I have a bigger corner of the back garden to put it in. 6541D5E1-A127-4AD0-85D5-55C05F7F0C33.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • pete

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,077
      Seems to be a confusing layout to me.:rolleyespink::biggrin:

• pete

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,077
      I think I get it now though, its the fences that are making it look strange.

• SuzFlowers

SuzFlowers Gardener

Ratings:
      +236
      Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.

• Like Like x 3