1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

X-Post - Help, i've killed my lawn..

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by denpot, Mar 8, 2008.

1. denpot

denpot Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Last year like an idiot i sprayed the weeds with weed killer and also murdered sections of the lawn.

There are probable 10 patches of dead grass, now do i seed or can i buy some nice turf and cut out the sections and install new turf?

Many thanks..

Steve.

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    You should have used a selective turf weedkiller like verdone.

Scratch up the areas with a rake, then overseed. Stick a mix in a few handfulls of compost in with the seed so as to help it stick.

3. denpot

denpot Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the advice..

4. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    My father in law wanted to use general purpose weedkiller on the area around the bottom of the garden by the fence. He mixed it in a watering can at the outside tap (top of garden)then walked across the lawn to the back fence. He never thought to see if the watering can was leaking, which it was! A few months later the effect was, to say the least, artistic [​IMG]