1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

XFactor Winner Joe McElderry

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rosa, Dec 13, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    well done Joe McElderry from south shields, north east england winning the xfactor tonight, ive been voting for him every week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Hmm..

The only time I ever "vote" is at elections.

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,931
    I knew he was the winner from the moment I heard him ... well deserved ... :yho:

I'm listening (but not watching) the Susan Boyle programme now ... such a voice ... a brilliant voice ....

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi victoria, i was hoping he would win and im absoulutely thrilled to see a geordie win it, he doesnt live too far from were i live, im watching susan boyle myself she has a lovely voice

5. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Unfortunely I've been suffering the mental torture that is X-Factor because the wife likes it, so I have to either endure it or leave the room:(

I'm glad someone from the North East won it though. Always nice when it is between the North and the South for the North to come out on top once in a while.

You could make more difference to the country by voting on X-Factor on any of the other mental torture programs than by voting for a political party I reckon. In fact, if by some freak administrative error it turned out that the winner of X-Factor became the new PM, I reckon they could do a better job:)

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,931
    Doghouse Riley and Clueless ... you are two reasons I don't visit GC anymore ... no loss to me and certainly I am no loss to GC.

Please don't fault other people's views or opinions.

7. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Lady:luv:. You just visited:hehe::hehe:

8. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    I'm glad he won Rosa- I have been glued since day one and think Joe has improved and deserved to win. I think Ollie will have a career also but good for Joe :)

9. Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Someone expressed an opinion about an ITV reality programme.

They are entitled to it and they posted it on gardening message board.
    I've no problem with that. I did not criticise them for doing so.

I added mine. I think it would be easy to deduce from that that I've no time for reality programmes.

If I don't like a post, I just "scroll down" it's that easy. I'd never tell you what you should or should not post.

That's "board etiquette."

Not what you're doing, with all due respect, you should really know that.

10. Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411

I fortunately can avoid "passive viewing"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=passive viewing&defid=2610886

as we've two reception rooms each with a big TV and DVD recorder etc.

This arrangement maintains; "matrimonial harmony."

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    victoria dont worry about others views i certainly dont, im not a one for voting but because joe is a geordie and doesnt live far from me and he has a fantastic voice ive been behind him all the way,
    riley iff im not keen on a post i dont answer or i go with the person thats posted and give nice comments i never say anything negative on gc all the 4 years i have been a member here.

jazmine yes i agree joe is superb hes got a lovely voice and well done to him and also i agree that olly will do well they will both have great future careers well done to them both.

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,931
    Doghouse, get a life please and get out of the doghouse. You constantly talk about people's grammar and etiquette and how they punctuate their posts ... for f* sake, this is a gardening forum, not a literary guild.. If I can read what someone posts, that's fine by me.

I have been married for 42 years and life is as good as it was in the beginning. What 'matrimonial harmony' as you call it for heavens sake do you have? Watching TV it seems.

Why do you have to put everyone down here? You know better than everyone and have done everything better than everyone. And it's not just here .. I know you from other forums.

13. Doghouse Riley

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Oh dear did I touch a nerve?

Firstly, the OP didn't think it necessary to comment on two posts that criticised a reality show. That was probably because the criticisms were directed at the programme not at her. You seem to be "having a go on her behalf?"

Your problem in this instance is that you seem unable to separate "post from poster."

That means you're unable to post an opinion without slagging off someone whose opinion differs from yours.

Find me one post where I've "had a go" at anyone. You won't because I don't do it, unless they "kick off" at me personally and usually, they'll still want "the last word" if I respond. That's "Digital Spy" behaviour.

If someone makes as spelling mistake or makes a "typo" and we all do, I ignore it.
    If it makes their post amusing, as was the case where someone posted "Algie" instead of "algae" or "Santa Clause" instead of "Santa Claus," I might make a harmless joke about it if I spot it and include the word "sorry" or make it so that anyone can see it's a joke. I don't use smilies as I consider them juvenile, I expect people to understand my meanings without their use.

And using the words "constantly" and "always" about what you say I do, is such a wild and inaccurate accusation, it devalues anything you might say and just makes me smile.

My use of the words "matrimonial harmony?" If you'd understood the post properly you'd realise that I was really saying that my wife gets to make the choices on TV and if I want to watch something else, I have to go into another room, I'm sure in most households the wife "owns the remote control." But it ain't "life or death" is it?

So why were you bangin' on about your personal life? Did you think I wanted to know?

So I suggest in future if you don't like what I post, do as I do to yours, or anyone's, if it's not directed at me personally or doesn't include something I said and they've added derogatory remarks, as you have; "scroll down."

With all due respect, I think it's you who needs to "get a life" if you start getting yourself worked up about posts on a message board and you're going to respond in such an offensive way..

Yes this is a gardening forum, but this thread is about a "reality show."

In conclusion I'd say that I've found this a very helpful board and everyone seems friendly....'cept one!

14. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,953
    :) What a brilliant well deserved winner Joe was,in a class of his own,sorry Olly.
    I did so enjoyed watching him every time he was on......so talented.

As for the other business there will always be self centered pretentious people who flip from one forum to another causing as much controversy as possible..............It's their hobby.
    You know who you are lol.

15. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Stacey was my favourite but when she went out I wanted Joe to win. I somehow think the last three and those twins [I didn't like them] will be successful. I think "Jedward" will be like the "Cheeky Girls" :D