1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes I know ...

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by frogesque, Aug 24, 2006.

1. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    ... it's a tomato! :D

But can anyone tell me what variety? Very sweet medium size cherry type, probably came from a supermarket 'vine ripened' one. It turned up in seed tray compost after taking loam from an area that had some 'septic tank crisis' dumped on it a couple of years ago. [​IMG]

They are so good I'm going to keep some seed for next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beefy

Beefy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] Looks like Gardeners Delight IMHO.Looks just like the ones in my greenhouse only yours are about two weeks ahead of mine. Enjoy! [​IMG]

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
  4. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the suggestion Beefy and dendy. I've googled it and it certainly does look like it.

It's a nice well behaved open plant and has taken a lot of abuse including not being watered for 3 days over one of our hottest weekends. Beats the socks off my Moneymakers for taste.

5. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    lovely with scottish cheddar frogesque. :D not that there`s ever many to go round as ive eaten most of GD before i leave the gh.i have given a few MM away though,it makes me feel less guilty. [​IMG]