1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yippee!! Yum Yum!! Runner Beans

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by shiney, Jul 7, 2008.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,512
    Hi Dan,
    Looks good :thumb:.

I don't know whether ours is heavy duty or not but after three years (or is it four? Or more!) it looks just as it did when we bought it. :)

I can't remember how much we paid for it but one, private, garden centre near us was much cheaper than the rest. I remember that I bought a whole roll of the 2 metre wide plastic (the only one they sold) and I was able to sell some of it on at 75p a metre run and made a small profit for our charity. But that was thre or four years ago. :)

2. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    :thumb: for the link Dan...I don't see it as expensive, not that quality anyway.

I've tried growing Mexican Jump Beans...don't know what they taste like though, as I've never caught one!!!

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,512
    I picked all the beans that were ready yesterday and then used the sprinkler on them. It seems to have made them go mad and I have just picked another 6lbs :thumb: :). They are even cropping at a height of 7ft :eek:.

The White Lady have really got going now and will soon be cropping as heavily as Polestar and Armstrong but the others are still not ready.

It is all good for the charity that we support :thumb: :D

4. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    Hi folks. Mine have also just started cropping (Polestar). Ok, it was only 3 beans, but looking good for a nice crop. We`ve had quite a bit of rain here over the past couple of days and it seems to have sparked them into getting on with it.Cheers...freddy.

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,512
    Freddy, now that they've started they should really grow like mad :thumb: :D

6. rosietutu

rosietutu Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +434
    Last week I planted some dwarf runners, this week they are up,what do you reckon the chances are of getting a good crop in Oct? Just thought I would give it a go as most runners all come at once and as there is only me and I hate frozen beans, the variety is "Hestia" any one had experience?